This site cannot possibly contain everything there is about Topsham. The town is also popular with Exeter and other Devon tourist bureaux, so there are other sites with information about Topsham and the surrounding area; some of them are listed here.
Local and tourist information
- Coastal Connect - Southwest - South West England Seaside Towns
- Devon Museums - museum master listing
- Exeter City Council: Topsham Tourism Guide
- Exe Estuary Management Partnership
information, walks, events, etc.
- The River Exe and the Avocet
- Topsham and Bowling Green Marshes
Exeter City Council page (includes downloadable PDF leaflet) on this pleasant walk in and around Topsham.
- Ward statistics for Topsham
2001 census stats and graphs.
- Exeter City Council Events Diary
- Live Map Devon - events guide linked to regional map
- Devon Car Boot Sales
Topsham is not exclusive to England. Although the English Topsham is older, it doesn't mean that it's the greatest or the best - just the first. There are two Topshams in America: the larger is in Maine, but there is also one in Vermont, comprising East Topsham, West Topsham and Topsham Corners. If you know of any other Topshams, let us know and we'll add them here.*
Topsham, Maine, USA
Official Town site
Topsham, Maine, on Wikipedia
Topsham, Vermont, USA
Virtual Vermont: Topsham
Topsham, Vermont, on Wikipedia
* Best try so far: Torptsen (a.k.a Dorpsenn, Torpen, Torperen, Torpsum, Turphum, Turschum) - according to the Dutch Wikipedia a now-vanished mediaeval settlement in the Dollart.